Monday, May 4, 2009

Video 6-pack lives ... sort of

For the better part of the past 20 years, I wrote a weekly column called Video Six-Pack for the Daily Southtown and its successor the SouthtownStar.

The column ended a couple of weeks ago thanks to Chapter 11 corporate restructuring for the Sun-Times News Group, which includes the SouthtownStar.

But thanks to the miracle of the Internet, I am reviving the column. At least I'll be able to continue writing even though I no longer will be paid to do so. That's love, I guess.

Anyway, this is my way to introducing myself to new readers and telling faithful readers that I am back ... sort of.

I'll be posting the first What to Watch column later this week. I welcome your thoughts and suggestions. And, to the Guy I used to work with, I can write about anything I want.


5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Wonderful World of Blogging, Bob. Have fun with it. I'm glad the Six-Pack is back!

    Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's nice too, Bob, is you can say what you REALLY think about something, regardless of ethics...Ha! :)

    I love blogging...have had a house blog for 2-3 years now...it's addicting, that whole writing thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob,
    I take exception to your characterization of the internet as a "miracle." Rather, it's more of a cesspool, where certain things float to the top.
    On that note, welcome to the club of unpaid content producers. We'll finish off the newspaper industry yet!
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your column was the first I read every Sunday. How will I know about the new businesses in our area now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey chidi, Comings & Goings is back. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete