Monday, May 10, 2010

'Date Night' is laugh out loud funny

By Abby Callaghan

Synopsis: When date night comes around, Phil and Claire Foster decide to do something different. While trying to get into a popular restaurant downtown, Phil takes the reservation of a couple who didn’t show up, which leads to a case of mistaken identity. Turns out, the reservation belonged to a couple of thieves and now Phil and Claire must survive a crazy life-threatening night filled with thugs, cops and a shirtless ex-military man.

Cast: Steve Carell, Tina Fey, Mark Wahlberg, Taraji P. Henson, Jimmi Simpson, Common, James Franco, Mila Kunis and Leighton Meester.

Written by: Josh Klausner. Directed by: Shawn Levy

Thoughts: Despite what you may have heard about it, "Date Night" is probably one of the funniest movies I’ve seen in a long time. I was constantly laughing out loud. It’s a very straightforward movie, keeping things simple and to the point, and with enough ad-libbing from Carell and Fey to keep things moving at a great pace. Also, I’d just like to say that if you’re like me, then you’re probably a bit worried that you’ve seen all the funny parts in the previews. But believe me, those scenes are outshined by everything else in this movie. I honestly have nothing bad to say about it. The jokes were great, the cast was well picked, even the action scenes were entertaining. It’s been 10days since I’ve seen this movie, and I’m still quoting it. So all in all, I’d say, see it. Go out and have a laugh. This comedy is worth seeing.

Rated PG-13 for sexual and crude content throughout, language, some violence and a drug reference.

                         Tina Fey and Steve Carell star in "Date Night."

No comments:

Post a Comment